10.23.2005

I love books.

Not every book, or all books, but I love certain types of books. That sounds kind of silly, I mean, everyone loves certain types of books. Anyway, I love conversation books. Big thick books that have stories to go along with information. I have in mind specifically, these great cookbooks that I have. One is titled "Hot, Sour, Salty, Sweet...A culinary journey through southeast asia." Its basically a southeast asian cookbook, but its so much more than that. This family (mom, dad, two darling long haired scruffy boys) travels all up and down the mekong river stopping in each town and discovering the food of the different regions. The boys are young and so free. They run off to the towns with the children of whomever offers to host the family for the evening (or week or what have you). These people are truly blessed to be living such an amazing yet simple life. Travelling around and searching for food secrets from all over the world. They are homeschooled (or unschooled likely) and just free to be. There are alot of great stories of their trips, and some scary situations that they found themselves in. All in all its a really fascinating read and great recipes to boot!
The other book I have been thinking of is titled "Soup...A way of life" and its basically all different soup recipes from all over the world, but again it goes deeper. It goes into the lives and homes of these great people and tells such wonderful stories. I just love books like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home