9.13.2005

PP Doula work today

And it was fun! I got to hold and snuggle baby N. while mama took some time to spend with her older son, reading to him and then putting him down for a nap. She got to shower too which I imagine was great :) Showers always make you feel better when you've been stuck in your PJ's all day. I swept her floor andpicked up a couple things, but most of the time i got to just sit and hold the wee bean. Hes really an absolutely gorgeous baby with beautiful soft skin and perfect little poochy lips. He's even got himself a dimple in his cheek!
I will be going back Thursday to go grocery shopping for them and hopefully I'll also get some cleaning done for her. I'd love to do some baby massage but I think we won't have time thursday so maybe the next visit. Shes paid for 2 hours x 7 days. Nice! :)
Shes a really cool mama too so its nice to sit and chat with her.

Hunters using his potty all the time (edit: Hes sitting on it all the time, but still mostly using the kitchen floor for the actual deed) GAH. Hes so charming and sweet though.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger I am a Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

The doc who ended up attending my friend's birth, in L.A., which I attend this summer, (since the first doc was sick) was her chosen 'back up'...she never thought she'd need her...and that doc had attended doula training.

VERY Cool.
Hh

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger I am a Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

OOOPs...posted this on your blog and almost posted my comment for RedSpiral on hers!

Anyhoo...I found you through Doulicia's blog!

I was just going to say I have linked you on my doula blogs list.

I love postpartum doula work...
Hh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home