7.25.2005

Diaphragmatic Release for posterior babies.

So, I've been reading up on posterior babies, and the best ways to encourage them to move into a better position, and I ran across an article by Judy Kay Jones, CPM which talks about Diaphragmatic Release, and her success rate in using it. She claims that it has worked in every single posterior presentation shes used it on and that its been years since shes had a posterior baby born that way. Its totally non-invasive and involves little more than mom laying on one of your hands while your other hand gently rests above her pubic bone. There is no manipulation or forcing of anything and its relaxing for the mom too. A friend of mine is pregnant, and has a posterior baby...or rather, she HAD a posterior baby until today. *grin* I went to her place today to do a belly cast and took her what info I had on posterior babes as well as a few knitting books. Before I left, she asked if I would try the D.R. to see what woulde happen and since it doesn't seem to be anything that could possibly cause any harm...I figured, what the heck? If anything, i will leave with an arm thats asleep. About 15 minutes into the (procedure?) We saw a large rolling movement and she said oh wow i felt that. Several minutes later, the movements of the DR began to fade and We stopped. I felt around, and she felt her own belly and sure enough that baby had turned to an LOA position. YAY! I hope it stays that way but I told her I'd be happy to go over and sit with her again if baby goes back to posterior. I just felt so excited by this because when I initially read the article, I sort of thought...oh yeah whatever. Im a believer now. :D

5 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous mamapez said...

Hey cool, I can leave comments on your blog!!! I've been reading all along, and had no idea I could make myself known. :D
So, your one hand is on the mom's lower back as she lays on her back? Do you have a link to the article?

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous mamapez said...

Never mind...here you go:
http://www.naturalchildbirth.org/natural/resources/labor/labor29.htm
:D

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger cheekymamaof2 said...

Hey there you are! I've been unable to log into woolywonder for some reason :( Anyway, hey cool a link to that article. The one I have is in a book I have...the Midwifery Today 'Prolonged labor' handbook. :)

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome tip.
I will totally be trying that one.
Demetria

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Is this something anybody could try doing instead of a midwife who is trained to do it?
mariajlamarche@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home